Written and submitted by Dr. Lynn Tincher-Ladner, Phi Theta Kappa President and CEO
Virtual meetings and conferences aren’t the same as in-person events, and they don’t have to be. Although we certainly miss the community of being together in one place and at one time, this year’s PTK Catalyst is going to have the same great elements that past events have had—and, because it is virtual, more members, alumni, and chapter advisors will be able to participate than ever before.
Here’s what to expect:
1. The More the Merrier – For the first time, PTK Catalyst is open to every member of a chapter that registers. That’s a lot of people! Come, be a part of something big—the biggest PTK Catalyst in history.
2. Recognition for Days – You and your chapter have worked hard and deserve to be celebrated. PTK Catalyst will be an amazing time of celebration and recognition.
3. Can you say, “College Fair?” – If you are planning to transfer to a four-year college or university, this year’s Senior College Transfer Fair is something you don’t want to miss. It will be the biggest one in PTK’s history. Talk to recruiters and learn about life at their college, academic programs, extracurricular events, and, of course, scholarships available exclusively for PTK members like you!
4. Rock the Vote – Learn about this year’s International Officer candidates through Q&A sessions, speeches, and candidate caucus and then cast your chapter’s vote to elect the 2021-2022 International Officer team.
5. Educational Forums on Your Schedule – Have you ever been to a conference and wanted to attend two sessions at once? UGH! Because PTK Catalyst is in the virtual space, educational forums are on-demand and available anytime you are. Topics include scholarship tips and strategies, leveraging internships, how to be successful in the healthcare field, healthy techniques for debate, research as a lifelong skill—and more!
6. Speakers that Inspire – This year’s keynote speakers will share relevant real-world messages that will be interesting and inspiring. See the world through the lens of master photographer, Platon, whose portraits have been featured in the New York Times magazine, Vanity Fair, and Rolling Stone. And hear from futurist Heather McGowan, who will share her ideas on innovation, change and disruption.
PTK Catalyst will be kicking off soon. Make sure you are there! Learn more.